Mesones #62, Tel. 154-6390, Open from 12:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
Visitors So Far:
Join La Conexion's weekly Wednesday luncheon and get together. Inquire at La Conexion.
Participating Restaurant Discounts with the
VIP Club Card
- 13 Cielos, Correo #34, 152-0053. Chef Juan Pablo is at the helm. The everyday menu is somewhat modest yet Juan Pablo seeks excellence, so for now the menu covers the basics yet there are daily epicurean specials. Monday 'til Thursday, closed Tuesdays, 7 - 10 pm, Friday and Saturday, 7 pm ' till Midnight and Sunday 1 :00 'til 8 pm. VIP Club members may take 15% off their tabs, paying cash and 10% when paying by credit card.
- Antigua Trattoria Romano, Codo #9, Tel. 152-3790, on the corner of Zacateros, often referred to as the Flat Iron Building. Antiqua Trattoria has a long reputation for serving Italian and international dishes. They serve fresh pastas, poultry, meats, salads, soups and seafood, open 2 p.m. until 10 p.m. daily. Members may take 10% off their bills when paying in cash, minimum 100 pesos. Fernando and Belem is your host.
- Aperi, Inside B & B Dos Casas, 152-0941, Wednesdays to Mondays, lunch and dinner 2:30 to 10:30 pm, Breakfasts: 8 am to Noon. Travel Advisors #1 choice for San Miguel. Master Chef Mateo Salas presents epicurean delights
- "Bacco" an Italian style Restaurant, Hernandez Macias #59, inside Hotel Sautto, 154-5513, Tuesday through Saturday, lunch and dinner til 10. Sunday, Noon 'til 6 p.m. Southern Italian style menu including brick oven baked Naples type pizza. Your host is Ricardo and VIP Club members may take 10% off their bill with a minimum spent of $100 pesos. Full bar.
- Berlin: Umaran #19, Tel. 154-9432, Authentic German Cooking: meats, poultry and fish. Known for their famous asparagus dishes, great bar atmosphere. **tied for best dinner house in San Miguel in Atencion's reader survey, plus one of the runner's up for best bar** Closed Sundays. 10% cash only.
- Birdie's Burgers, Dolce 18's Concept House: Relox 18, 154-8317. Open everyday from 10 am. Breakfast 10 am. Til Noon. An assortment of gourmet burgers and other delights, including salads, milks shakes and lots more (10% off cash or credit card.)
- Bistro Mi Casa:: Famed local guitarist Gil Gutierrez feeds and entertains inside the historic Instituto Allende's. Bistro Mi Casa provides fine cuisine along with Gil's musical input at providing first-class entertainment that will not only include the talented Gil but various musical accomplices. The venues days of operation vary sign up to get on news letter. Reservations can be had a 415-103-3109 or firstname.lastname@example.org 10% cash only.
- Bond's 007, Gin Bar and Fondue House: Hidalgo #30,152-2833, open Wednesdays through Sundays, 4 pm - midnight. Roof-top terrace, full-bar, a little of this and a little of that along, a lively crowd with hallmark and tasty meat-loaf sambos! Weekend entertainment and special guests, including sensational balladeer Carlos each Saturday evening, Kenny Peters of "House of Blues" fame drives the bus. VIP Club members may take 10% off their bills with minimum 100 peso purchase.
- Buenos Aires Bistro, Mesones #62, Tel. 154-6390, From Noon til 10:00PM, Monday through
Saturdays, Sundays open at 2:00 pm. A truly authentic Argentine bistro, small, quaint, delicious food, great service ? a must try. They only serve quality angus beef in true Argentine style, homemade ravioli, sorrentinos, gnocchi and have the widest selection of Argentine wine in town. 10% cash
- Bugambilia,now moved to Mesones 101, inside Casa Linda. Tel. 152-0127. Now open everyday. And they're now open for breakfast, and are still serving the tasty dishes that made them famous. Fifteen percent off for cash and 10% off for CC.
- Cafe Contento, Hernandez Macias #72, 154-8020. New hours for Cafe Contento: Monday - Saturday, 8 am to 7 pm and Sundays 9 am to 5 pm.. Cafe Contento offers a wide selection of breakfasts, from standard egg dishes, Mexican and International, to pancakes, French toast, along with a variety of crepes. For lunch they have home-made soups, tasty pannini sanwiches with meats, veggies, cheeses and other ful fledged meals. VIP Club members may now take 10% off their bills. (Baked goods to go are not available for the VIP Club discount).
- Cafe etc. AKA Juan's Cafe, Relox #37, 154-8636. Inexpensive complete breakfasts and lunch. Many items to choose from. Your DVD movie center! Free Internet, and Spanish lessons, philosophy classes and spiritual meetings. Now open from 9 am until 6 pm. Monday through Saturday, and now, OPEN SUNDAYS 11 am. til 3 pm.
- Cafe Rama, Nueva #7, 154-9566. Hip fusion cuisine, late night tapas on weekends, full bar. National and international menu. New hours, open daily 11:30 to midnight for late night dinning and the now expanded complete menu will be available during all hours. VIP Club members may take 10% off their bill. Cash only.
- Casa de los Milagros y Gustos, Relox #7, 152-0097, now open everyday, lunch and dinner, great Mexican food, free tapas served during Gustos happy hour. Entertainment 10%, big screen TV for sports events.
- Casa de los Milagros II, at its new and second location, smack on the backside of the jardin, 54-4474. Open everyday, 8 am - 10 pm. Los Milagros II new hot spot on the jardin for breakfast and people watching and offers almost the exact items on its tasty and complete menu as the flagship location. VIP Club members can deduct 10% of their quinta, 100 peso minimum.
- Carne Vino Grill, steak and wine, Ancha de San Antonio #22, 152-8564, open daily, Noon 'til 11 pm. CarneVino has an extensive menu, full bar. They are affiliated with CarneVino wine and liquor store in the front that also a participating VIP Club business. Friday evenings at CarneVino, chock with live music and incredible gourmet tacos. Javier is your host and VIP Club members may take 10% off their bill when paying cash.
- ChupAlitas SMA, Calle San Antonio de Abad #62, on the corner of Plaza Garibaldi, (near the San Juan market) (415) 121-0504. Wings, Burgers & Beer! Open for lunch and dinner, 1:00 pm.‘til 10:00, Wednesdays and Thursdays; Fridays and Saturdays, ‘til 11:00 pm, Sundays 1:00 – 8:00 pm. Plus authentic Chili-dogs, fries, Quebec-style poutine, homemade cheesecake and Family atmosphere. Your hosts are Joe and Debbie. VIP Club members get 10% off when paying cash or credit card.
- Cumpanio, off the corner of Correo and Recreo, 152-23-27, contemporary downtown eating emporium with window seating especially designed for people watching or the rear room, plush, upscale intimacy, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner with a full bar. A combination bakery/restaurant Cumpanio offers an international menu; lamb chops, curry dishes, meats, poultry and more. VIP Club members may take off 10% when paying in cash. (Bakery items for take out are excluded from the Club discount.) Accept Credit Cards.
- De - Temporada Farm Restaurant, at Rancho La Trinidad, across the railroad tracks, past San Miguel Viejo, toward Otomi, down the road a piece to the right, cel 415-151-0673. Iliana runs the show at this quaint country side restaurant with a pretty view and easy-going vibes. The menu is simple and tasty and varies with pork belly and pork loin sandwiches, home-made gnocchi, and even vegan dishes that include roasted vegetables. No beer or wine. New items hit the menu board constantly; a slew of home made desserts including some tasting-sounding ice cream flavors. It's an afternoon eatery, Noon 'til 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturdasy. VIP Club members take 10% off their bills with a minimum of 100 peso purchase.
- Dona Urraca, Hidalgo #69, 154-9770, Mexican and International dishes. Monday to Saturday, 8 am til 8 pm. Saundays, 8 am til 3 pm. 10% off cash or check.
- Dragon Chino, Salida a Celaya #71, 185-8686-or 8687, now open Monday - Saturday 12pm - 9pm, Sundays Noon - 8 pm for eat in, pick up or eat in. A reminder from Jose Luis: for VIP Club discount, when it comes to home delivery there's a 120 peso minimum! Dragon specializes in Chinese food. Dragon's menu is extensive and carries all your favorite Chinese dishes. There is free and ample off road parking, exclusively for Dragon customers just down from the restaurant. They also offer free Home delivery! 10% VIP Club Card discount applies to home-delivery when paying cash or credit card. When calling in for home delivery identify one's self as a VIP Club Card member and give valid card # over phone. Show card upon deliver so discount can be applied. Home delivery (please remember: 120 peso minimum). The discount will then be applied. Monday through Thursday, it's 2x1 for Tequila, Rum and Vodka, and beer. Also, Wednesdays and Fridays are BYOB days. No corkage fee . . . However, Jose Luis asks patrons to remember their waiters.
- El Tupinamba, Spanish-style restaurant, Zacateros #45, 154-5521, open daily 1:00 pm - 10:00 pm. An array of favorite Spanish dishes featuring paella, meats, fish and tapas, full bar, live entertainment, full bar, still serving cocktails after 10:00 pm, Marciel an Pamela are your hosts. VIP Club members may take 10% off their bill paying cash or credit card.
- El Asador Catalán --Km. 9 Salida a Querétaro, Tel. 120-8118 Open 1 until 7pm. Closed Mondays. Renowned traditional Spanish fare. 15% cash, 10% credit card
- El Correo Restaurant -Correo #23, Tel. 152-4951 Good traditional Mexican food, full bar, closed Tuesdays. (15% cash, 10% credit card)
- El Coyote Flaco Restaurante and Bar, an outside of town just on the other side of historic Atotonilco, on the road connecting Atotonilco with the road to Dolores, (415) 119-4719. Open Tuesdays through Sundays, Noon 'til 8 pm in a great campo setting in the midst of nature, serving an array of meats, including, ribs and pork, with seafood dishes like mussels, shrimp and Mediterranean veggies, lasagna, mushroom dishes, along with Greek salads and much more. See El Coyote's cave, a deep underground wonder, over 200 years old, that also acts as Coyote's wine cellar! Jose Bernardo and Alida are your hosts. For more info, visit: http://www.elcoyoteflaco.com/ VIP Club members take 10% off cash or credit card.
- El Manantial, corner of Barranca and Huertes, 110-0007, open almost every day, 5 'til late.Closed on Mondays. El Manantial, is one of the oldest, if not the oldest cantina in San Miguel. VIP Club members may take 10% off their bills when it exceeds 100 pesos.
- El Pegaso, Corregidora #6, 154-7611. Since its beginnings, El Pegaso consistently set the gold standard when it comes to operating a restaurant in San Miguel. Open everyday, except Wednesdays, for breakfast lunch and dinner. El Pegaso, renowned for good food, reasonable prices, and an attentive staff; long-timers still rave about El Pegaso's eggs benedict, or the Chiles en Nogada or their famous pork loin. Full bar, soups, salads to desserts. Beto and Robin are your hosts. VIP Club members may take 10% off their bill when paying cash with a minimum purchase of 100 pesos.
- El Tres Restaurante Cantina, formerly Patio3, reopens under this new name at the familiar location: Mesones #80 inside the courtyard of The Mesones Hotel,152-0580. El Tres Restaurante Cantine is open daily, until 10 pm. The extensive menu is a mixed batch with everything from Tacos to choice meats, fish, poultry and even rabbit, along with an array of appetizers bit national and international. VIP Club members may take 15% off their checks when paying cash and 10% when employing a credit card.
- El Vergel Bistro, in the countryside, 10 minutes outside town on the route heading towards Dolores Hidalgo, 110-2254, Tuesdays through Sundays, breakfast and lunch, 9 am. to 6 pm. Open for dinner Fridays and Saturdays till 9 pm. El Vergel Bistro's the brainchild of Houston Harte, Daniel Hernandez and chef Donnie Masterton with Norma Suarez taking care of day-to-day operations. Gourmet oriented menu. 10% off cash or credit card.
We now deliver from 10 to 5:30 pm
Hours for Vinos y Tapas are:
Tuesday - Thursday 1:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 1:00pm - 12:00am
Open for dinner Friday and Saturday 'til 9 pm.
Sunday 10:00am - 7:00pm
- EmbarKdero, Plaza Alondiga, 415-103-3153, open at 1 pm. each day ‘til 8 pm. Monday and Tuesday, ‘til 10 pm. Wednesdays through Saturdays and Sundays ‘til 6 pm. Various seafood specialties along with favorite Mexican dishes, full bar. VIP Club members can take 10% off their bill when paying in cash.
- Fenicia, Zacateros #73, Tel. 154-7874, is open 12-6 Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Open from 12 noon to 9 pm Thursday through Saturday. Lebanese and Middle Eastern food are Fenicia's specialty. They also offer tasty salads such as Fattuch,Tabbule, and Malfuf with pita bread. They also serve Falafel, Kafta (beef), Kibbe (lamb), and shishkabobs of beef, lamb and chicken. Fenicia has introduced other new dishes, including fish, and much more! Save room for yummy baklava. VIP Club members may take 10% off their bill when paying cash. 100 peso minimum, please. Leticia and Nancy are your hosts and cooks!
- Flor de Loto Comdia, a new downtown sushi joint and Japanese restaurant, Mesones #68, 152-8894, open Monday through Saturday, 11:30 a.m. - 10 p.m, until 9 p.m. on Sundays! Flor de Loto's menu presents extensive with a multitude of items for sushi fans including Makis of over 30 varieties along with yakimeshis, gohans, Pastas, Yakihudons, noodles, Kushiagues Dashi and more. They also boast a full liquor bar. Free delivery! VIP Club members may take 15% off when paying cash and 10% when employing credit card. Minimum order 150 pesos when having home delivery and wishing to employ the card. Efren is your host.
- Garufa, off the corner of Canal and Hernandez Marcias, #15, 154-6555, Argentine themed Steak House, showcasing a well-lit, modern, decor in rich woods specializing in man-sized Southern Hemisphere meat dishes. Yet there are a number of other choices from poultry to those delicacies stemming from the sea and veggie dishes. Very interesting appetizers. One peso corkage charge on Wednesdays and Thursdays. VIP Club members may take of 10% of their bill when paying in cash.
- Hacienda de Maria: Owned and operated by Maria Auxilio of Sabores y Salsas fame has opened this country side Hotel and restaurant, 5.7 kil. on the road to Dolores across from Rancho Girasol, 120-2025, Breakfast - lunch, Wednesday through Sunday, 9 am. - 6 pm. Traditional Mexican cuisine. 10% off cash.
- Hank's New Orleans Cafe and Oyster Bar, Harry's Louisiana Coffee Company - formerly "Harry's" **voted best bar in San Miguel's in Atencion's reader survey, plus a runner up in best dinner house** Hidalgo #12, Tel. 152-2645 for dinner reservations. Fresh sea food, cajun and creole dishes, extensive wine list, open 7 days a week. (10%, Cash only)
- Hotel Arcada, Hotel, spa and restaurant. Calzada de la Estacion #185, 415-152-8940 or 50. Nancy Ramirez is your host. 15% off Spa services, 10% off rooms and restaurant. Black out periods are in vogue, Semana Santa, and Christmas week.
- Hotel Casa Primavera's restaurant, inside boutique the hotel, 189-A Salida de Queretaro 152-8873. open daily 7:00 am. -11:00 pm. Diversified menu that changes according to the seasons while taking advantage of nature's harvest! Chef Juan Carlos Miranda is your host. VIP Club members may take 10% of cash or credit card!
- Jacinto 1930 Restaurant, Relox #18, a relaxed atmosphere yet showcasing a casual elegance tucked inside San Miguel?s newest Concept House, 150-0075. Jacinto 1930 joins some of San Miguel?s now in vogue other popular chef driven restaurants, where food mavens seek out locally grown produce and product while then wielding their skills having their concoctions explode with natural and unique flavors. (10%) cash or credit.
- Johnny's Favorite's Piano Bar, (The Frank Sinatra Bar) Insurgentes 55, 415-149-0678, Wednesdays 'til Sundays 9 pm - late. For night owls who like bathing in low light, intimacy and enjoy being swooned and entertained by a diverse saloon singer and his friends, Johnny's is for you! Drinks and snacks. Long-time friends Johnny Favorite and Linda Brown are your hosts. VIP Club members may take 10% off their tabs, minimum 100 pesos.
- La Bonita Restaurant, Canal #90, 152-1888, open 9 am - 10:30 p.m. Now open 7 Days a Week! La Bonita is a new restaurant. Your Club doesn't normally seek to enlist brand new restaurants but if you go for Tamales . . . and we're not just talking the standard deliciousness in corn tusk kind but talking 27, count 'em! 27 different kinds and different flavored Tamales. We got the classic moles, or green sauced with chicken, Veracruz style, banana leaf with tomato sauce and chipotle, pork ribs etc. They got 'em Yucatan style too, with achiote, epazote with habernero chile with pork or chicken. Vegetarians delights, Rajas, with cheese, Purlsan with nopales and even Mediterranean with goat cheese, eggplant, black olives, zucchini, tomatoes sauces with chipotle. Like sweets? Hows Sweet with raisins or Pineapple and nut, blackberry with cheese, Guava, lord-have-mercy, NUTELLLA, Sweet carmel and more! We''ll go on a bit more: Pork chicharron, Oaxocan, green and red coastal, Chiapas kind and don't forgot , they make the Puebla kind too.
Also, 12-different type tasty atoles, to drink: Cajeta, capuchin o, coco, fresco, grosella, guayabal, licor de cafe, mocha, nuez, pina colada, rompope and tuti fruiti. Price for tamales are very reasonable 16 - 19 per and the atolls just 12 pesos a glass. They deliver! Order in advance for parties . . . VIP Club members take 10% off, 100 peso minimum!
- La Brasserie in front of Cafe Parroquia, Jesus, #11,Telephone 152-3161, has been a hallmark San Miguel dinner-house for years.
La Brasserie opens Tuesday through Saturday, 5 pm - 10 p.m. Valeria is your host, an expert cook, renowned for her international cuisine.
Menu includes items such as pastas and salads, French inspired dishes, Mexican, tacos and mussels.
La Brasserie offers VIP Club members 10% off when paying cash (does not apply to Special)!
La Brasserie offers a nightly full dinner special that includes multiple courses. THE NIGHTLY SPECIAL is included in the VIP Club discount.
It is already deeply discounted!
- La Mina Restaurant, inside hotel La Villa de Pozos, Pozos, 442-293-0225, fiull bar, open 9 am - 9 pm, Tuesdays through Sundays, international cuisine. 15% cash, 10% credit card.
- La Choperia, Canal #21, 154-4545 inside Plaza Colonial. Conceptual and lively, young at heart-eatery and bar. Flat screens galore, downtown atmosphere nestled in Centro. An assortment of pizzas, sandwiches, soups, salads and pastas, meat dishes too. Two-for-one giant hamburgers, 1 pm until 5 pm. Same goes for beers. VIP Club members may take 15% off their bills when employing the VIP Club Card. Manuel Franco is your host.
- La Canica, Pila Seca #2, 415-121-9022, open daily, except Tuesdays, 1:30 - 10:00 pm. Another chef driven restaurant headed up by Chef Luis Pablo who stems from Guanajuato. Luis, also trained by some of the most acclaimed European chefs Luis' passion is street food, well prepared and tasty street food usually served out of trucks and lunch wagons yet Luis's desire is to make these dishes above and beyond and gourmet while providing a diverse menu of street foods popular around the world! La Canica also specializes in Spanish wines. 10% cash or credit card.
- La Casa Del Diezmo, Jesus #36. (Formally Buen Cafe) 154-4441, 8 am - 6 pm, closed Wednesdays. Yucatan style dishes along with hold-over mainstay recipes from old Buen Cafe, La Casa Del Diezmo continues the renowned Ne York Style, Sunday Brunch. Garden and indoor seating with national and international dishes, fresh ingredients,, soups salads and mouth watering desserts. Full Bar.
- La Felguera Restaurante, located inside Posada Carmina Hotel, Cuna de Allende #7, 152-8888. Long time a local favorite eating establishment for breakfast, lunch and dinner, indoor and outdoor seating. La Feguera, moderately priced, offers traditional Mexican specialties with full bar. VIP Club members may take 15% off their tab when paying in cash and 10% when using credit cards. Longtime restaurant operator Rafael Valdez is your host.
- La Gruta Restaurant (and Spa) is also available for private parties, after hours, with or without special served meals. Your contact there is General Manager Gonzalo Tapia who speaks great English. Entrance fee to La Gruta is 110 pesos to enter and VIP Club members get 10 pesos off the entrance fee and are entitled to 10% off food and drink. Located 10 kilometers outside town, on the road to Dolores Hidalgo, La Gruta is open everyday all-year-round from 7 am. 'til 5 pm. 185-2162.
- La Mesa Grande gourmet bakery and cafe, corner of Pila Seca and Zacateros. Phone 154-0838. More than just bread and coffee, La Mesa Grande serves up wood-fired pizza, sandwiches on fresh bread made daily, salads, soup and a wide variety of Mexican craft beer, including the house-made draft beer. La Mesa Grande is now open Thursday, Friday and Saturday night til' 10 pm,
Sundays 'til 2 pm Contact: email@example.com. 10% discount for VIP Club members applies with minimum $100 pesos purchase.
- La Parrilla Al Rojo Vivo, Km 2.5 carril de Rodriguez,, 120 3274, Thursdays - Mondays 1 pm, - 9 pm. La Parrilla specialty: meat dishes yet they serve sea food, pastas, salads and vegetarian dishes, plus a full bar desserts etc. Aureliano: host and chief cook has been the creative chef for many famous restaurants in town. He is branching out on his own!
- La Puertecita -Santa Domingo #75 , Tel. 152-5011.
Rated internationally, as one of the top 100 small luxury hotels in the entire world. (20%) (no discount on buffets). No corkage fee on Thursdays and on Wednesdays, 35% discount on menu bottles of wine.
- La Muy Muy, the corner of Sollano and Correo, San Miguel's newest beach side restaurant when there isn't a beach! Don't fret, just close your eyes 'cause at La Muy Muy it's just like being there the menu is chock with all the incredible treats from the sea. They serve ceviche, sea-food cocktails, fish tacos, marlin and many other sea side favorites. La Muy Muy has a full bar. Open everyday except Tuesday, Noon 'til 9 pm. 415-121-5182. VIP Club Members can take 10% off their bill when paying with cash or credit card.
- "La 21unica," corner of Jesus and Cuadrante. Step back in time while living in the 21st Century at this real cantina. Full array of national drinks. VIP Club members may take 10% off their bill, 100 peso minimum.
- La Sirena Gorda . . . off the corner of Umaran and Hernandez Macias. Phone # 152-5019. Tuesday to Saturday: 1 pm to 11:30 pm.
Sundays: Noon to 7:30 pm.The new La Sirena Gorda now with a roomier location, full bar, with the same great tostadas and other Mexican cuisine as the Barranca location. They now are two separate entities. Luisis your host. More in next flash. VIP Club members get 10% off their bill when paying cash.
- Lolita Restaurant, Salida Celaya #52, next door to the Tel Mex, 185-8009, open 7 days a week 9 am. - 11 pm. for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Enjoy outdoor dining on the umbrella shaded tables on the patio or enjoy a more intimate ambiance inside. Lolita show cases a diverse menu including, starters, soups, salads, meats, fish and poultry along with an extensive wine list. Free valet parking! VIP Club members may take 10% off their bill when paying cash and 10% when employing credit cards! Raul Zamora is your host!
- Luna de Queso, Salida a Celaya #51, 154-8122, open Monday through Friday 9 am. - 7 pm., Saturday 10 am. - 5 pm., closed Sundays. Marianna's the girl in the moon and runs a great deli type eatery and grocery store. They carry a vast array of, what else? cheeses, plus! Mariana, long-time amiga and a one time art student at Instituto Allende, some time ago, now show cases her artistic side as a restauranteur and cheese shop owner. VIP Club members may take 10% discount on prepared foods only! 100 peso minimum cash.
- Luna de Queso II, Centro, with a second location, Jesus #2, 152-6558 open Monday through Saturday, 8:30 to 5 pm. An amazing variety of cheeses and gourmet selection of groceries, prepared, yummy foods, Now that same great assortment is available at the new location that's spacious and roomier. VIP Club members get 10% discount on prepared foods only!
- Marsala, Hernandez Marcia #48, 152-0080 open everyday for lunch and dinner except Tuesdays. Quickly becoming a town favorite with it's eclectic menu. Appetizers: Pork Terrine, Rib Eye Tacos, Croquettes, Salmon Tartar, Salads, Soups, Pastas and main dishes like Beef Schnitzel, Salmon and Duck. Keep room for dessert. Ximenia is your host. VIP Club members can take 10% off when paying cash.
- Mario's, Salida de Celaya 83A, 121-5234, open everyday, aa am - 8 pm, fresh seafood, marlin, shrimp, octopus, cocktails tostadas and platters. 10% off cash only.
- Media Naranja, Hidalgo #83,152-2184 Monday through Saturday, 8:30 am - 4:30, upstairs from the pharmacy. Long-time, local favorite breakfast and lunch spot for both expats, tourist and locals. Reasonable with fresh, soups and salads, sandwiches, falafels and more. VIP Club members may take 10% off their bill when paying cash.
- Mivida, "an Italian restaurant with a Mexican accent," Hernandez Macias #97, 152-7482, open Wednesdays through Mondays, 1:00 pm. - 11:00 pm. mivida has long been a bellwether San Miguel eatery for sanmiguelenses and tourist in search of high quality meals. mivida's an intricate part of chef driven restaurants who've made San Miguel an epicurean destination. About ten years ago Chef David Giribaldi joined the initial vanguard of young and creative cooks who insisted on the best ingredients perhaps most responsible for San Miguel's culinary upsurge. mivida offers anti-pastas well-noted for their sensational Assortment of cheeses with prosciutto & di parm along with green tomato marmalade, carpaccios, various sea foods and vegetarian delights, Rissotos, tortelloni and other home-made pastas, frutti di mar, fishes, pork, beef and rabbit.VIP Club members can take 10% of cash or credit card.
- Mon Bistro, (new location), Rancho Los Labradores, 121-6386. Shuttle service to and from, reservation only. Open everyday. Sunday, breakfast- brunch from 11:00 to 3:00. Gil and Alexandra are your hosts for an international selection of entrees, meats, poultry and fishes, fresh salads all chock with the flavors; perfectly marinated flavors bursting with the exquisite cooking methods stemming from cosmopolitan Montreal! Gil and Alexandra have redecorated and look forward to serving members. Mon Bistro will offer 10% off for all food or drink, cash or credit.
- Nectar, (inside courtyard at Camino Silvestre,) Correo #43, 152-3918, Breakfasts, lunches, teas and desserts; Mondays - Saturdays, 8:30 – 4:30 pm. Tea and desserts til 5:30, Sundays, 10 am – 3 pm. A delightful courtyard tucked inside Camino Silvestre. Breakfast and lunch provided by Nectar are an array of various offerings some, gluten free, some, strictly organic and even tofu dishes along with traditional Mexican faire. The lunch menu offers fishes and meats along with veggie burgers and other dishes created by chef Juan Carlos. VIP Club members may take 10% off their bills when employing cash or credit card.
- OKO Noodle Bar, local #7, Plaza Alhordiga, 415-110-3283, open seven days a week, Noon 'til 10 pm. OKO has established itself as a favorite amongst locals serving genuine Asian cuisine. Owners Katy and Sam are back and firmly at the helm maintaining quality and super service. Fresh salads, various noodles, sates and much more. VIP Club members may take 10% off their bill minimum 100 pesos.
- Oma, colonia, Los Frailes, first and only restaurant! Locted at Carreta #1 just to the left of the first glorieta, 415-105-6635, open daily 8:00 am ? 10:00 pm, Sundays 10:00 am ? 6:30 pm. A combination of indoor and quaint garden setting with a diverse International and National menu. Full bar. VIP Club members may take 15% off when paying cash and 10% off when employing credit cards.
- Oso Azul, Zacateros #17, 415-100-2943, open for breakfast and lunch 8:30 am. 'til 5:30 pm. Quickly becoming a popular centro breakfast location with much of Oso Azul's fare served inside piping hot in cast iron skillets and due to the expertise of the proprietor Jens Mueller, a Scandinavian, Jen boasts hand-cured the salmon and whips up a mighty tasty yogurt. VIP Club members can take 10% off their bill when paying cash.
- Paprika, on what is becoming restaurant row, Ancha de San Antonio #7, 415-111-7013, Noon - 10 pm. Tuesdays through Saturdays, Noon - 8 pm. Sundays. Francine is your host. Diverse menu with soups, salads, poultry, meats, fish and pastas. Everyday, red wine happy hour 6 - 8 pm. No corkage fee Thursdays!. , 2X1 4 -6 pm, Red Wine; Wednesdays: 15% of food and drink cash and credit card other than when live entertainment is performing.
- Pescau Del Mar Al Bar, Jesus #21 152-8800. Pescau offers an array of fresh seafood, raw and cooked, along with meats and poultry. Pescau serves soups and rice dishes too. There's a well-stocked modern bar and the decor is upscale, best described perhaps as a casual elegant. A children's menu is also available. Pescau is open everyday 12-12 midnight. VIP Club members can take 15% off their bill when paying cash and 10% when using credit card. Juan Carlos and Alberto are your affable hosts. There complete menu, including prices and other amenities can be found on http://www.pescau.com/
- Pork Belly, Cinco de Mayo #10, 415-114-2621. Open daily, except Mondays, 2:00 pm 'til 9:00 pm. Chef Erick has mastered the art of pork belly preparation yet this popular San Miguel Restaurant also boasts an array of other dishes with tasty sides. You might be able to taste the love and art created in the small, off-the-beaten path restaurant. !0% cash or credit card
- Posadita Restaurant, Cuna de Allende #13, 154-8862, open Noon until 10, closed Wednesdays. Posadita, with its scenic and pleasant rooftop terrace environment offers a diverse menu including appetizers, salads, soups, an array of meats, fish and poultry meals at reasonable prices. Posadita has become a favorite for both tourists and locals alike. Now VIP Club members receive a 10% discount when paying cash or using credit cards.
- Restaurante Itaiiano D'Yoalli, 185-2317/155-9711 or 415-119-0353, located in the campo, off the route to Dolores Hidalgo, up the road a short piece and behind La Burger, D'Yoalli is open Thursdays through Sundays 1- 9 pm. Chef Katalina prides herself employing original and authentic Italian recipes with items such as risotto prepared on the spot, fresh pastas, lamb, quail, fresh fish all prepared the old fashioned way. VIP Club members may take 10% off when paying cash.
- Restaurante Baile, inside the confines of Arthur Murray Dance Studio, new location Salida de Celaya #59, 185-8282, Serving lunch and dinner and in conjuction with activities at the dance studio, full bar, nationals and international dishes bull bar, indoor and outdoor seating, Open Monday through Saturdays.
- Sabores Y Salsas, (See Hacienda de Maria)
- Santos Crudoteca, a new establishment, honchoed by some familiar faces in the San Miguel food and club scene. Crudoteca is a fun new neighborhood restaurant, Suspiros (#7, off Calle Nueva, near Rosewood and Cafe Rama) opened three weeks ago. Santos Crudoteca is serving delicious seafood dishes (think tacos, tostadas, chilpachole and more) and as a special treat for all you Canadians out there, they're also serving POUTINE! Chicken wings will be added to the menu soon. Drop by for a bite to eat or a drink and say hello! (Open noon to midnight, 6 days a week- closed Tuesdays. ) VIP club members can take 10% off their bill 100 peso minimum.
- Los Senderos's Restaurant, carretera a Dolores Hidalgo GO 3.5 km, open Wednesday - Monday, 9-6 weekdays and 10-7 weekends, 415.155.9582 office and 415.151.1557 for la playa. 10% cash or credit card.
- Sierra Nevada Restaurants (two locations) Hospicio #35 152-1436 & Santa Elena (parque location) 152-7153. (Santa Elena is still closed while under going new interior.) Casual elegance at the Centro location and more local dishes at the parque location. 15% cash, 10% credit card.
- SugarMint, two locations under the same management, reposteria y
cafeteria, Ave Insurgentes 136A 121-7445, all sweet & tasty featuring:
Cafes, teas, chocolate drinks an smoothies plus ice cram and tarts,
churros and paninis, open every day plus Colonial San Antonio, Calle
28 de Abril #6, featuring pizza plus, salads, pastas, hamburgers,
grilled chicken and fish. 2 - 9 pm everyday. Both locations will offer
VIP Club members 10% off their bills.
- Sushi Gami, Salida de Celaya, (no address number, no kidding), 415-109-1199, directly across the salida from, The Pemex, with a big tree out front. The word “Sushi” carved into the doorway's stone. Free delivery. Tuesday – Thursday 1 – 9 pm. Friday and Saturday 1 – 10 pm, Sunday 1 – 7 closed Mondays.http://ocgaiwix.com/sushigami/ Specializing in sushi serving fresh seafood combined with high quality natural ingredients both classic Japanese dishes as well as dishes with a fusion twist like Asian style tuna tostadas and Goldspike peppers, stuffed with crab. Omar is your host. VIP members may take 10% off when employing cash or credit card.
- Sushi Itto, Japanese style restaurant, San Francisco #12, 154-4999. Presenting a full array of tasty treats to sushi lovers. Appetizers, Salads, Soups, Noodles, Skewers. Rices, and of course, featuring: Maki Rolls and Sushi, breaded, with sauces and sauté chili. Home delivery and pick up service. 154-4999. Strict-attention paid towards freshness and hygiene! 10% Cash or Credit Card.
- The Taco Lab (Tacolicious), Dolce 18's Concept House, Relox 18, 154-8317. Open everyday from 10 am til 9 pm. Creatively created tacos and more! (10% off cash or credit card.)
- Ten Ten Pie Restaurant: Two locations: Corner of Cuadrante and Cuna Allende & Stirling Dickinson, #5, Small, clean and resonable prices, local restaurant, open seven days a week, serving breakfast lunch and dinner, serves late (10%) (20% off spirits) **runner up for best lunch in San Miguel in Atencion's reader survey** 2nd location (formerly known as El Chimi Churri Restaurant) Cellular phone: 044-415-101-7851. A parrilla type restaurant, Grilled meats, empanadas, chistorra, hamburgers and much more. Open Tues-Sunday, Noon 'til seven in winter, 'til nine summertime.. VIP Club members may take 10% off their bill.
- The Food Factory, Fabrica Aurrora, 152-3982, Monday through Saturday,y Noon – 10 pm Sundays, Noon – 5 pm. Chef Allen Williamsis another iconic food guy and long time friend of the Club, like Gabby and Jennifer who’ve all been on the forefront of the San Miguel restaurant scene since last century. Restaurants Allen has been affiliated with, including his own, boast sterling reputations. It's a pleasure to have long time friend and talented kitchen man, Allen bring to us The Food Factory. TFF provides fresh tasty meals, in a artistic atmosphere for any occasion inside San Miguel’s best-known artistic marketplace, Fabrica Aurora! Superb ably prepared soups, fresh salads, meats, fishes, poultry, pastas, vegetable dishes with many exhibiting an Asian flair make up most of the menu. Full bar. VIP Club members may take10% off when paying cash.
- The Restaurant-- Sollano #16, 154-7877. Open Tuesday through Sunday, Noon 'til 10 pm. Sunday Brunch: Noon 'til 4 pm. And their unique drinks specials run during happy hour 5-7. The Restaurant also has a mouth watering bar menu. Set in a quaint and comfortable courtyard the menu is a mix of Nuevo and traditional dishes designed and prepared by expert chef Donnie. Main dishes are an array of fishes, poultry, including duck, pastas and meats. VIP club members may take 10% off their tabs when paying with cash or credit card.
- Tio Lucas: Mesones #103, Tel. 152-4996, Hallmark San Miguel steakhouse, plus. Open seven days, serves late, nightly entertainment. (10%)
- Villa Mirasol; Inside Villa Mirasol Hotel, open for breakfast and lunch in garden setting. (20% VIP Club discount, 100 pesos minimum)
- Vinos Y Tapas, Insurentes #63 152-2563, open Tuesdays through Sundays, 1 pm ?til 9 pm. V y T, nicely decoreated specializes in many seafood dishes along with stardard Mexican dishes. Tuesdays, 2 X 1 Tapa/pinxto o croqueta, live music Fridays, fresh paella served Saturdays and a hefty brunch on Sundays. They provide a great sampling of wines and many famous brands from Spain. Karla and Stephanie are your hosts. VIP Club members can ake off their bills 15% when paying in cash and 10% if employing a credit card.
- Vivali Cafe, (formerly Vivoli Cafe) Hernandez Macias #66, 152-0045. Now open 7 days a week! Serving classic Italian dishes and meals with meats, fish, poultry, salads and an array of pastas. Open for lunch and dinner.
- Xipal Restaurant, inside Casa Rosada, 154-5410, Cuna de Allende #12. Relaxing and lovely garden setting, full bar, just behind the Parroquia. Xipal offers a strong and complete upscale Mexican menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. VIP Club members may take 10% off their bill when paying cash or credit card.
- Yo, located on the attractive grounds of Hacienda Los Picachos, Carretera San Miguel de Allende Quereacute;taro Km. 3, Comunidad de Alcocer San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato 37700, 415 155 9254, otherwise, just past the second glorieta on the right, on the road to Queretaro. Monday through Saturday, 8:00 am - 10:00 pm., Sunday brunch, 9:00 am. - 3:00 pm. Menu varies from national dishes to international fare. VIP Club members may take off 15% when paying cash and 10% when employing a credit card.
- Zumo, Orizaba 87-9, Tuesdays through Saturdays, with servings beginning promptly at: 6 pm. (18:00 pm) or (9 pm. (21:00 pm.) 152-0489, off the beaten path, in the heart of Colonia San Antonio, a chef-driven establishments, a cutting-edge and custom fit for epicureans and other foodies. http://www.zumosma.com
Zumo would like VIP Club members to come and discover for their selves the culinary magic pulled off by Chef Josy Treizman. Diners have two options: 7-course menu: $850 + 15% gratuity or 5-course menu 650 + 15% gratuity. Roof top dining with an awe-inspiring and sumptuous view of San Miguel! Reservations are a must!
Catering and festivity services available. VIP Club members may take 15% off their tabs when paying cash or 10% when employing CC.
New restaurants are added frequently, and occasionally restaurants drop out of the program with 60 days notice. Ask for the bi-monthly restaurant club newsletter at authorized outlets for detailed information on restaurants and the current list of participants. All participating restaurants are under contract with the San Miguel Restaurant Club to provide the same fine service as they would to patrons who walk in off the street. Discounts are waived during happy hours, 2X1 specials or other special events in which the restaurant is offering discounts to the public at large.
Notice:Certain Restaurants and Businesses may have restrictions that do not appear on this website. Please contact San Miguel VIP Club directly for a complete list of participating businesses and restrictions.
Web site Questions/Corrections, contact Lou Christine
VIP Questions, contact the VIP CLUB
Visitors So Far:
Hank's New Orleans Cafe & Oyster Bar